A few months after making the MAME shmups input delay list. Pulsewidth pointed out that Raine could emulate most of the laggier games in mame with less delay, after investigation and clarification by PsikyoFan it turns out that mame emulates a frame/sprite buffer for most arcade hardware. What I found out is that this buffer can “safely” be removed on most hardware with very little consequences. So after messing around with the mame drivers for a few days I got a first version ready for release.
After a few versions I started adding more stuff in this build to make it the main (and hopefully one day the only) version of mame I will be using personally. These additional fixes include, unmamed games, improved drivers, improved audio (and audio volumes), additional display options and more input options.